A brand new survey has revealed which international locations Americans consider are the most secure for vacationers. Whilst journey advisories do a fantastic job in protecting vacationers knowledgeable about which international locations are protected to journey in and what dangers vacationers would possibly face in these international locations, nothing actually captures the vibe of how protected or harmful a vacation spot feels fairly like listening to it straight from the traveler’s mouth – and that’s precisely the place the most recent journey security survey took their data from.
Published by journey insurance coverage supplier Berkshire Hathaway Travel Protection, the survey reveals the perceived security stage of locations around the globe from the eyes of American vacationers – and it may make for illuminating studying forward of the much-anticipated, doubtlessly record-breaking summer time of journey this yr.
Here’s a have a look at the outcomes of the survey, plus a have a look at what entry necessities of the highest international locations on the checklist.
Survey Reveals Safest Destinations – Information For Travelers
The survey carried out by Berkshire Hathaway Travel Protection, known as the 2022 “State of Travel Insurance Report”, was carried out in September 2021. The insurance coverage firm requested greater than 1,500 Americans about their perceptions of the protection of various international locations, taking into consideration not solely conventional security worries comparable to crime, terrorism, transportation, and well being, but additionally the protection of vacationers who’re feminine, LGBTQ, or individuals of colour.
According to American vacationers who have been surveyed, these ten international locations are deemed to be the most secure to journey to in 2022:
- Canada (Score: 71.94)
- Iceland (Score: 70.88)
- Sweden (Score: 70.42)
- Japan (Score: 68.58)
- Ireland (Score: 66.75)
- Switzerland (Score: 66.01)
- South Korea (Score: 65.84)
- Thailand (Score: 65.81)
- New Zealand (Score: 65.27)
- Australia (Score: 65.18)
According to the President of Berkshire Hathaway Travel Protection, Carol Mueller, this yr’s survey noticed a notable shift when it comes to what vacationers deem to be their major security issues.
Whereas as soon as terrorism and violent crime have been amongst a traveler’s greatest worries, this yr’s survey mirrored the scenario around the globe, with vacationers supposedly most involved about their freedom of motion and staying free from illness.
Entry to the highest spot, Canada, is comparatively easy for vaccinated vacationers, with testing now removed, however unvaccinated vacationers stay unable to enter for tourism functions.
Iceland, which took the second spot, is simpler to enter, with the nation having removed all of its Covid-19 related restrictions again in February. That means each vaccinated and unvaccinated vacationers are capable of enter with none limitations. Ireland, Sweden, and Switzerland to have eliminated all of their testing and vaccination necessities.
Here are the entry necessities for the remainder of the highest 10:
- At current, solely totally vaccinated vacationers could enter Australia, however they will achieve this while not having to take a check beforehand. Find out extra here
- All travelers to South Korea should have a destructive Covid-19 PCR check taken inside 48 hours of their flight, while there’s a necessary 7-day quarantine upon entry for vacationers who’re unvaccinated
- Thailand has lately eliminated each its pre-departure and on-arrival testing necessities. However, journey insurance coverage with a protection of $10,000 is required, as is registration for the Thailand Pass
- At current, solely vaccinated guests from visa waiver international locations, and guests from different international locations who already maintain a legitimate customer visa can enter New Zealand and self-test on arrival. Further border restriction easing will happen all year long
- It isn’t at the moment potential to enter Japan
↓ Join the neighborhood ↓
The Travel Off Path Community FB group has all the most recent reopening information, conversations, and Q&A’s taking place every day!
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR LATEST POSTS
Enter your e-mail tackle to subscribe to Travel Off Path’s newest breaking journey information, straight to your inbox
Disclaimer: Current journey guidelines and restrictions can change with out discover. The determination to journey is finally your accountability. Contact your consulate and/or native authorities to substantiate your nationality’s entry and/or any modifications to journey necessities earlier than touring. Travel Off Path doesn’t endorse touring towards authorities advisories